My Lagos Experience (Continued...)


Brethren! They wanted to kill me with AC in the bus but thank God I'm still alive. Call me bush, but I am not used to being in an air-conditioned place for so long. I was freezing. My teeth was clenching but God is alive, so I lived.

We stopped briefly at Ughelli in Delta state. I was very hungry and pressed. I quickly jumped down and entered the fast food. I used the convenience then I got something to eat. I couldn't eat comfortable because I was looking out for my bus.


So I went back to the counter and asked them to please pack my food. They did and I quickly went to the bus. I was the first to return but I didn't mind.

After a while, we stopped at Ore. I wasn't hungry so i didn't eat. I just went down and walked around for some minutes. And I thought to myself "this is it! The typical Lagos journey"

At exactly 2:50pm, I started seeing yellow buses, I knew we were in Lagos. I got to my stop. I found out later that, the place is not counted as Lagos. It is Ogun state. So yes, I am adding Ogun to states I've been to In Nigeria. I don't care.


So i stopped at the place I was asked to stop and called my Aunty, who came after 30 long minutes to get me (sighs). So if on the 20th of June, 2016, you drove or passed through Lagos-Ibadan express and you saw a girl standing beside the road in blue jeans, white shirt with inscription "Rock and Soul" and a black jacket with a pink box by her side, that was me, waiting for my host.

She came and i quickly jumped into the car, I was tired. We got to the house and I settled down, had something to eat and slept.
The following day, I woke up at 6am to meet an induction that was for 9am. Lagos traffic was laughing at me but I don't think I heard it well.

I joined my uncle on his way to work. The traffic was crazy. We were on the road for four hours plus. I kept complaining. He said "wee you keep kwayet? Are you the one driving?" I kept quiet. After some minutes i said "Port Harcourt traffic is sha not like this". He unlooked. He was going to drop me off at CMS bus stop and I'd find my way but the Lord was on my side. The rain was too much. He couldn't allow me go by myself especially for someone that has never been to Lagos (lol). So he took me to the induction venue. He asked me to call him after the induction, so we'll go home together.

After the induction, I called him and he said "ask anyone, find your way to CMS, I will get you from there" ghen ghen! I was all by myself. How far? I was on Idowu Taylor road, how do I get to CMS? This is it! This is the experience I have been jumping. Meanwhile, my phone was about to go off, that would have been the end. You would have Seen me on TV.

I met my new friend from the induction and asked her where she was going. She was going to Oshodi, not my way (sighs). Anyway, we walked together to the roundabout after asking plenty questions. She found a bus to Oshodi and I found one going to CMS. I entered the bus and kept a normal "I live here" face. I didn't want anyone to think I was a JJC.  Nobody even had my time. Everybody Dey mind him business niyen. We got to a point and noticed the door of the bus was bad and nobody could open it. Driver came down and tried, no way. Meanwhile, the bus was smoking. I started praying inside "Oluwa Sa nu mi, have mercy on me, don't let me die here" Finally, it opened and I said "Ope o!" quietly.

We got to the famous CMS but the driver stopped on the bridge. Edakun, what am I doing on the bridge? This wasn't the place my uncle showed me in the morning, I was confused. I tried to call my uncle. Meanwhile, I kept following the people that stopped with me. I followed a particular girl back to back. She crossed, I crossed. She crossed again, I followed. I didn't even know where she was going. Finally I sighted the CMS church my uncle showed me in the morning. So I continued in that direction.

I stopped at where i thought was his office and  called again. He came out after about 10 minutes without the car from a direction I wasn't even looking at. I had to ask "Uncle, where is your car?" He said "the car park is in front, we have to walk". We walked for another 3 minutes before we got to the car park (sighs). I said "this Lagos is stress please, ah ah! to park car too is a problem" he laughed and said "don't worry, after two years you will be singing a different song"

I slept on our way back home. I was too tired and I could not help but think of the smoking bus I Entered earlier and the bad door. What if there was a fire... Never mind. I will not die in Jesus name! Amen!

So finally, I had the typical Lagos Experience. Lagos is a beautiful city. Its indeed the Centre of Traf... sorry Centre of Excellence. This is just 24 hours plus into my visit. The experience continues tomorrow. I am kuku ready!

Thanks for reading 💋

@mstariah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rivers people are not Igbos!

I AM IJAW

My Lagos Experience